Physiotherapy in Chelsea
Physical therapists are known for their focus on education and at Sport Physiotherapy we are no different—we provide the information you require to get started on your own treatment, or continue on your rehabilitation path.
When you're attending physiotherapy you won't just have access to one type of therapist but to many under the physical therapy umbrella, including:
- Acute care
- Aquatic physical therapy
- Cardiopulmonary and pulmonary
- Clinical electro and wound management
- Sports physical therapy
- Women's health
Physiotherapy has evolved to treat a diverse range of injuries as well as the debilitating results of multiple diseases.
Our goal is that our patients in Chelsea are provided with the tools to ensure this vision stays true.
While each patient is unique and their treatment is based on their personal physiotherapy assessment, there are common treatments that physical therapists practice, including:
- Personalized exercise programs
- Soft tissue and manual therapy techniques such as massage
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Hot and cold packs
- Cardiorespiratory techniques such as airway clearance methods
- Skin and wound care
- Functional activity and tolerance training
- Work and occupational re-training
- Prescription, fabrication and application of supportive and protective equipment
Beyond this, patients also have the opportunity to experience electrotherapeutic, aquatic and acupuncture treatments with approval from their therapist.
Physiotherapy is based primarily in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems. This is done with a holistic approach and commitment to health, and an excellent quality of life.
Physical therapists complete these goals by:
- Promoting optimal mobility.
- Taking preventative measures towards injury and disability.
- Managing acute and chronic conditions.
- Improving and maintaining functional independence.
- Rehabilitating injury and effects of disease or disability.
- Educating patients and creating maintenance and support programs.
Your therapist will assess your situation on your first appointment, and provide a diagnosis. Following this, you will help them to plan a strategy for recovery. Your therapist will educate you every step of the way and promote lifelong learning. This is a practice of the therapist themselves, as physiotherapy is a constantly evolving profession.
Physiotherapy is quite often recommended in hospital or by a family doctor, but there are many other locations the profession is practiced and where a patient can gain access.
You may be referred to us through child-development centers, community health centers, home care or nursing homes. Insurance companies also recommend physiotherapy after accidents.
If you're a senior citizen, you may be recommended by someone at your residence to attend therapy. At Sport Physiotherapy we offer in-home treatment and are able to visit any residence in Chelsea .
Schools, sports settings, work sites and other companies are also locations physical therapy is promoted. Job safety and the practice of safe sports are very important.
Physical Therapy for Life
It's accessible, it's holistic and it's made to make you feel your best for as long as you live! Get in touch with us and let the therapists at Sport Physiotherapy start your therapy plan today.